Used by Fox McCloud, the Demon Sniper Rifle serves as a long ranged energy based incineration rifle, and a precursor to the Demon-class weapons.
Characteristics and History
The Demon Class sniper rifle is a rather compact, but incredibly powerful weapon used briefly as a prototype by the Cornerian Army. By the time of the Galactic Chat War the rifle was somewhat commonly used by the elite forces of the Army (e.g. Star Fox). A few of these special weapons survived the slip-space rift incident and still are carried alongside Fox. While it has impressive stopping power, the shorter barrel means it lacks the range of other rifles.
- Fires shards of light, which cause burns and melt armor.
- Built in scope.
- Very high mobility due to small size.
- Shorter range than most snipers due to short barrel.
- Not very durable.
- Less effective against energy shielding.
- Low stopping power due to firing beams of light.
- No rails for accessories.