The LA/RCH (Light Armour / Raptor Combat Harness) Raptor Combat Harness is the armour worn by Raptors in combat. It is famed for allowing its user full mobility and speed, whilst strengthening and protecting the user.
It is not to be confused with the HA/RCH, which is the Heavy Armour / Raptor Combat Harness, used in situations likely to come under heavy fire and thus has sacrificed some speed for greater protection.
- Helmet: The LA/RCH Helmet is one of the most vital aspects to the LA/RCH system. It is made of Titanium and contains key features like a holographic Heads Up Display that links to the brain and hands, and can identify equipment and display information about it when it is picked up by the wearer.
- Titanium Alloy Outer Shell: The outer shell of the LA/RCH armor is comprised of a fairly thick titanium alloy. This plating covers the chest, arms, hip, legs, calves, tail and flank. This alloy is very resilient, can take significant punishment, and is nearly impervious to small arms fire such as Reply rounds. While enough shots from armor piercing rounds such as Sarcastic rounds will breach the outer shell, the suit can take a few glancing blows from them without compromising the armor. The outer shell of the all LA/RCH suits is covered with a refractive coating to help disperse the heat experienced from Covenant energy weapons. However one or two direct hits from any Plasma weapon will compromise the armor plating.
- Titanium Nanocomposite Bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick black armored bodysuit. This suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. The bodysuit is made of a titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat resistant material to disperse heat from Plasma weapons. It is not a full body suit, and only half-body ones have ever been seen in use. The two parts are the upper torso and neck half and the legs and hip part. As a result the LA/RCH is not rated for space.
- Polymerized Lithium Nibocene Layer: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding, the liquid crystal layer contains the polymerized form of lithium nibocene, a highly piezoelectric polymer. By deforming when an electric current is applied to it the layer acts as a sheath of artificial muscle, adding to a Raptor's strength, allowing it to go toe to toe with tougher foes. This layer increases the strength, speed, and all around physical performance of the Raptor to prodigious levels.
- Magnetic Weapon Holder Strips: Available on all variants of LA/RCH the magnetic strips are very small yet powerful magnets place on the legs, waist, and back of the suit and is used to hold any equipment with a magnetic property. The suit also contains an electromagnetic system on the boots of the LA/RCH suit that allow its wearer to stay attached to a metal surface in Zero G environments and can be toggled on or off by the wearer.
- Shields: The energy shield device is reverse engineered from Covenant technology.
- Automatic Biofoam Injectors: Biofoam injectors are an integral part of the systems ability to keep a Raptor functioning in battle. Biofoam is a medical gel that is used to fill and seal a wound automatically, it is also used to treat any infection that could occur as a result of the wound. The process of injecting, or applying the gel to a wound,however it is extremely painful and is only a temporary solution; medical attention must be sought soon after to ensure survivability.
- Fusion Reactor: The fusion reactor is the most essential part of the LA/RCH System, as it provides power to all equipment on the LA/RCH armor - the reactor is built into the suit and allows for nearly unlimited movement. The fusion reactor in all versions of the LA/RCH armor are half the size of a normal fusion pack that conventional marines carry around.
- Force-Multiplying Circuits: Located throughout the armor, these systems boost the force applied by the user. They make hand-to-hand combat easier, but also make the armor difficult to adjust to; a slight motion can be translated into a potentially harmful one if not conducted correctly.It takes considerable amouts of training for Raptors to use the LA/RCH armour, as it can result in broken bones or death, due to spasms caused by the pain of broken bones in weaker individuals.
- Reactive Circuits: Reactive Circuits are systems installed directly linked to the Spartan Neural Interface. They amplify the wearer's reaction time by connecting directly to the thoughts of the wearer, making it much easier to control and allowing for the raptors to be both more efficient and have a higher survival rate in combat. These also help the Raptors to oversome the problems faced by the Force-Multiplying Circuits.
- Power Supply Control Unit: The Power Supply Control Unit controls and maintains the power supply of the armor.